Perspiration is a common feature of the human body – however, many people suffer from the side effects of perspiration like intense odour or even from intense perspiration by itself – very common on the underarm area, hands, feet and groins. To avoid general discomfort, there are many solutions in the market and we have chosen some for you depending on your requirements.
Perspiration – what is it
Perspiration is a physiological mechanism that helps to regulate the body’s temperature. It is an essential part of the thermoregulation mechanism, which controls the inner temperature according to what is happening inside the body and the outside conditions. Situations like intense exercising, stress, hot environments and spicy food have a tendency to induce the sweating process in order to balance the heat. The sweating glands, the ones responsible for producing sweat, can be divided in two categories: the ones that are located in the whole body and regulate skin humidity; and the other ones that are located in specific areas like the underarms and the genital area. These last ones produce a different type of sweat which promotes bacterial growth, inducing the unpleasant odour that is characteristic of sweating.
Different solutions for different issues
We have a wide selection of deodorants and antiperspirants on our website which you can see here. However, we have selected a few for each of the most common situations and you can choose the best perspiration treatment for you from the following list:
- Intense perspiration on hands and feet: this is probably one of the most common situations in which our clients ask us for help. Some of our best recommendations for these cases are Sesderma Dryses Antiperspirant Solution and Martiderm Driosec Gel Antiperspirant Hands&Feet.
- Intense perspiration on the underarm area: intense sweating on the underarm area is the most common complaint, and we have some bright stars for those who sweat profusely. Roc Keops Deo Roll-On, SVR Spirial Deodorant Cream, Sesderma Dryses for Men or For Women, and Vichy Deodorant Stress Resist 72h are clear winners in this category.
- Perspiration treatments: sometimes just normal deodorants aren’t enough and you need an intensive treatment. Our best ones are Martiderm Driosec Roll-On and Vichy Deodorant Anti-Perspirant Treatment Cream 7 Days.
- Sensitive skin: sensitive skins tend to overreact to deodorants. Because of this, we have chosen some of our mildest and soothing deodorants for you to be able to use them without fear – La Roche-Posay 24h Deodorant Stick Sensitive Skin and Avène Regulating Deodorant Care.
- Aluminum-free: as many people seek aluminum-free deodorants, we offer some solutions – Vichy Mineral Deodorant and Bioderma Sensibio Deo Freshness Deodorant are our customers’ favourite ones in this category.
- Hyperpigmentation: the underarm area usually has a tendency to become darker over time. The Mesoestetic Ultimate W+ Whitening Antiperspirant Roll-On and Vichy Deodorant Ideal Finish Beautifying Anti-perspirant are the ideal products, as they combine a depigmenting action with perspiration control.
- On-the-go: people who suffer from intense perspiration need to be ready at all times. The Martiderm Driosec Antiperspirant Wipes are individually packed in order to help you take your deodorant anywhere you may be, for maximum confidence during the day. Ideal for removing any odor and to renew the antiperspirant action.
- Anti-white marks: if you usually wear white or black clothes, by now you are probably tired of the yellow and white marks that show up on your clothes never to fade again. Deodorants are the culprits here, but some formulas are anti-stain. Here are our best ones – Vichy Deodorant Antiperspirant Anti-White Marks and Vichy Homme Deodorant Anti-Perspirant Anti-Stains.